Details of Unemployment Status from Department of Social Protection
This scheme is designed for students who have recently become unemployed or on reduced working hours (since January 2008), and wish to update their skills and knowledge by participating in a part-time adult education programme under the fees scholarship scheme. Scholarships will constitute a 50% contribution towards programme fees.
How do I qualify?
1. Students must initially meet the minimum entry requirements for their chosen course. Check with the programme co-ordinator for information on eligibility criteria.
2. Students must be registered as unemployed and/or in-receipt of one of the following payments since January 2008.
i. Job-seekers Benefit
ii. Job-seekers Allowance
iii. One-parent family allowance
Applicants must provide a statement from their local Social Welfare Office confirming receipt of the above payments to justify financial support from the University for this scheme. Candidates not meeting the above criteria, but who have recently become unemployed, may also apply. Such candidates will be required to furnish evidence of their unemployment status and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.
Applicants should note that all information received will be used for the purposes of selection of students for the Fees Scholarship Scheme only. Under no circumstances will it be disclosed to any other agency or body.
1. Candidates are advised to contact their local Department of Social Protection Office to establish whether receipt of this scholarship would impact upon their entitlements under the Supplementary Welfare Allowances Scheme (ie. rent or mortgage supplement or medical card etc).
2. Applications must be made on an annual basis.
3. Should an applicant’s circumstances of employment change during the course of the programme, their eligibility for the scheme will be reviewed.The above Supporting Documentation is required to supplement your online application and should be scanned and emailed to the Programme Adminstrator, contact details below:
Please ensure the supporting documents are forwarded as soon as possible after submitting your online application.
Please check that you have answered all questions.
When completed, please press "submit" to send your application, you will then be sent an acknowledgment, so you will know it was successfully submitted.
Best of luck with your application.